Photos: Inside the Gilbert Dog-Boarding Facility Where 20 Dogs Died
|The electrical wiring supposedly gnawed-through by one of the dogs.|
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office has released photographs of the Green Acres Boarding Facility, where 20 dogs died late last week.
The dogs supposedly died from a lack of air conditioning, and several of the photos show the dead dogs arranged in a shed on the property.
-Arpaio Not Buying Account of How 20 Dogs Died
The dogs' deaths has been described as an accident -- a result of a dog chewing through electrical wiring, killing the electricity and thus the air conditioning, leading to many of the dogs dying from heat exhaustion by Friday morning.
However, several of the dog owners don't believe that, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio has said that he doesn't really believe the story provided by the owners and the two caretakers, the son and daughter-in-law of Senator Jeff Flake.
"Even the veterinarian I met . . . agrees that the timeline given by the owners and caretakers is highly suspect," Arpaio said.
Additionally, the owners initially lied to some of the owners, telling them that their dogs had simply run away. Arpaio says MCSO is "going to conduct a professional investigation."
However, so far, there haven't been any arrests, and as a dog owner, it's difficult to look at the pictures and think that it's possible no one will be punished for this.
The photos are on the next page, as we warn you again, some of the photos are of the dead dogs: