Memorial Day Weekend DUI Patrols: Phoenix, Peoria, Mesa, Tempe, and More
|Scott Davidson via Flickr|
Drunk driving is bad.
With that out of the way, here's where one police department will be setting up a sobriety checkpoint and other departments will be operating "saturation patrols" around the Valley, looking for impaired drivers this weekend:
- Friday, May 23 to Monday, May 26: Phoenix police will have saturation patrols in several areas around the city, from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Sunday, May 25 and Monday, May 26: On Monday, Mesa police will have an actual sobriety checkpoint from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Redmont Road and Power Drive, just south of Bush Highway. On Sunday, they'll have "saturation patrols" in that same area.
- Friday, May 23 to Monday, May 26: The East Valley DUI Task Force will be in Gilbert on Friday, and in Tempe on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Saturday: McKellips & Miller
Sunday: University & Dorsey
Monday: Mill Avenue:
- Friday, May 23 to Monday, May 26: The West Valley DUI Task Force will be in Peoria from 6 p.m. to 4 a.m. all weekend. Peoria police identified the patrols as being located "around the city."
- Friday, May 23 to Monday, May 26: Salt River police will have DUI patrols around the Walmart on the reservation's border with Scottsdale.
- Friday, May 23, Sunday, May 25, and Monday, May 26: The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and a couple other agencies will be in Queen Creek on Friday, and around the Salt River on Sunday and Monday.
Sunday and Monday: Salt River
Send feedback and tips to the author.
Follow Matthew Hendley on Twitter at @MatthewHendley.