10 Types of Arizona Republicans

arizona-flag-top.jpg
Robert Huffstutter via Flickr


In Arizona, Republican citizens are more than just Obama-hating, gun-toting, free Americans.

Although a lot of people are only Republicans for one day every couple of years (on Election Day), some are much more dedicated to the party than others. Check out our field guide to 10 types of Republicans you'll see in Arizona (and everywhere else, really):

See also:
-10 Types of Arizona Democrats


10.) The Teabagger
republican-list-10.jpg
Progress Ohio via Flickr

Attributes:
  • Cannot go five minutes without expressing their political beliefs.
  • Wardrobe, vehicles, and Facebook page covered in mostly nonsense slogans.
  • Seems to have a lot of free time on weekdays.

My Voice Nation Help
74 comments
Pete Moreno
Pete Moreno

Well none of this is really funny but its very true. Look for yourself.

jones21erwin
jones21erwin

This site is super. I've been looking for information on 

Types of Arizona Republicans. your site will be bookmarked for future reference. 

Tim Cx
Tim Cx

"Believes Obama is the reason they can't get a job with their GED and bad attitude." Yes.

Neil Hounchell
Neil Hounchell

I guess there kinda like the New Times. They can't go five minutes without expressing they're political beliefs either. Over the top liberal rag.

Michael Fisher
Michael Fisher

I'm not a Republican but come on- you could make some funny ones for Dem's too- like: "Over sensitive Idealist who causes more harm than good" Or "Defends the poor regardless of circumstance...even though they have never been poor and have had their life handed to them...probably causing an insatiable need to fit in with the poor because, face it- being poor was cool in the 90's". Just poking fun, no harm intended

Robb Vaules
Robb Vaules

They also wrote snotty things about Democrats.

Christian DerFuhrer
Christian DerFuhrer

This is the kind of garbage that keeps our country divided which prevents any real progress from being made.

Stephen Grange
Stephen Grange

Ooh, someone got butthurt real quick...Too accurate was it?

Diane D'Angelo
Diane D'Angelo

Yes, let's write snotty things and call ourselves a "newspaper."

enigma9000aa
enigma9000aa

There is one category of Republicans who harken back to the old southern classic novel of Uncle Toms Cabin! Only difference is skin tone is not the issue, its that poor, under employed, living in a upside down mortgaged home, struggling to keep them auto loans paid to keep the repo man at bay and the foreclosure notice off their front door! Now they vote republican like I do buying my weekly lottery ticket hoping to gain entry one day into the 2% class of society, but with same chances though not very likely!:-) Ironically they are in the 98% but will swear they are in the 2% and any half wit knows the real 2% do not slum down here with us 98%!

Daron Nikki Petit
Daron Nikki Petit

Alan- I am all for removing every penny of congressional pension, and reducing their pay as well.

Daron Nikki Petit
Daron Nikki Petit

Rick- First- government provides nothing it hasn't taken from someone else. Second- you assume it is BIG government that keeps us civil. That simply isn't so. Third- we HAVE the cult of big government involved in virtually every aspect of our lives at the cost of (currently) $60,000 per American and are no more "civilized" than we were when the cost was zero.

robert_graham
robert_graham

Hey Hendley did you get your butt plugged while you were in Tent City?  Did Arpaio treat you badly while you were in his custody?  That is probably why you dislike him.  You know, there's another cot waiting for you there with your name on it. This new info makes my day.

Arizona Highrise
Arizona Highrise

I just sent them a scathing report about the so-called conspiracy theories of: 911; OKC bombing to destroy the Waco survivor's lawsuit by transferring the case to OKC where their agent could be used as a patsy while the CIA/Illuminati took the building down to destroy the lawsuit; Norman Dodd's claim of Mr. Gaither informing him of the plan to merge the Soviet Union with the United States with both Bush calls for a New World Order; Joseph McCarthy's claim of the gum' mit being infiltrated by communists; and commented on Village Voice in keeping with the media ban (of over 50 years) in using the term "liberal Republican" that has the danger of waking up Republicans out of the indoctrination forced upon them by the gum' mit. :) These old conspiracy theories turned out to be history. http://youtu.be/jqALdkTArqs

therazorsedge555
therazorsedge555

  • Believes Fox News is the world's only source of unbiased news.
  • Any news that does not fit their perverted view is produced by the "liberal media."
  • Has an inability to hold a rational conversation with non-Fox viewer

    Let's just substitute Huffington Post for Fox News, "right wing looney tunes" for "liberal media",  and non-NPR listener with non-Fox Viewer, and you have every liberal wet sponge on the internet.
  • Anthony Kern
    Anthony Kern

    Leave the politics to the big boys. stay with what you know: music and food.

    Alan M. Kafton
    Alan M. Kafton

    Let us not forget Rand Paul as well, who like Cruz, finds factual information a burdensome thing.

    Jr Horton
    Jr Horton

    Thank God I'm a Libertarian!

    Alan M. Kafton
    Alan M. Kafton

    One of the biggest ironies is that the loudest anti-government politicos (such as Ted Cruz and Ron Paul) are themselves being paid handsomely by the government they hate, including an immediate lifetime pension and Cadillac healthcare coverage. Nice cult if you can get it.

    Jerry Cardenas
    Jerry Cardenas

    Yep I've seen all of them around the state. Damn shame, Arizona didn't used to be like this. I guess it takes a black president to bring out all the closet racists.

    Rick Masters
    Rick Masters

    No, its just a place where you wouldn't be burdened by that "cult" that provides the albeit imperfect yet civilized society in which you reside. Sometimes we don't appreciate what we have until we've experienced the opposite extreme. Careful what you wish for.

    Timothy D Little
    Timothy D Little

    The list seems to sum it up quite well. Notice the butt hurt flowing in the comments

    Rico Stackz
    Rico Stackz

    So it seems the Phoenix New Times are just putting out more and more trash these days. Maybe you guys should stick to punk rock band and restaurant reviews.

    Daron Nikki Petit
    Daron Nikki Petit

    Brilliant comment, Rick. Because we ALL know that if it weren't for big government we'd be somalia.

    Rick Masters
    Rick Masters

    Move to Somalia, no big government there. It will be awesome for you.

    enigma9000aa
    enigma9000aa

    @JoeArpaioFan 

    Wow am new here, but if my late mother was to read or hear your foul mouth she would be advocating a bit of soap in your mouth!:-) I have found in every web site on the net cyber trolls exist, they lurk under the cyber bridge, jump out and issue nasty innuendo's, often demand a link, proof of some comment made! I do believe those who vent such filth as you do are just unhappy, unemployed, under employed and worried what they will do when them unemployment checks stop or what they will do when the under water mortgage  turns into a foreclosure and eviction!

    WhoKnows
    WhoKnows topcommenter

    @therazorsedge555 So, you're one of the uneducated fox viewers!  NO ONE thinks the Huff Post is the only valid news source.


    But you just had to try dancing!

    THE_JUDGE
    THE_JUDGE

    @GoboFraggle Who cares ? Who hasn't made mistakes at that age. It seems to me MH is doing quite well for himself these days. Quit hating.

    robert_graham
    robert_graham

    @GoboFraggle HA HA HA YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for bringing this to my attention. So Hendley is a convicted felon huh? Does the New Times know about this?

    enigma9000aa
    enigma9000aa

    @JoeArpaioFan 

    Only us democrats can fumigate our party, sorry unless your a democrat and obviously your not you get no say in the matter other than here with your banging away with the only thing you control in this ole world that key board in front of you!:-)

    valleynative
    valleynative topcommenter

    @WhoKnows @therazorsedge555  

    Why are you willing to believe that some get all their news from Fox, but not that some get all their news from Huffington?   

    There are mindless people on both bandwagons.

    valleynative
    valleynative topcommenter

    @WhoKnows @valleynative @therazorsedge555 

    How could you possibly know that somebody gets all their news from Fox?  I don't think I should really have to point this out, but even the most mindlessly far right wing posters on this site pretty clearly get some of their news from New Times.

    People who don't like to consider that people might have actually thought about issues and come to conclusions that differ from their own very commonly choose to believe that those differing opinions all really originate from one evil source and are simply being regurgitated.


    Now Trending

    Phoenix Concert Tickets

    From the Vault

     

    Loading...