Phoenix Coyotes Now Short 33 Games -- NHL Cancels Games Through December 30
We can further explain that last part: the NHL announced today that it's canceled all of the games through December 30 -- the eighth such cancellation this year, if you include the preseason and the Winter Classic.
-Phoenix Coyotes Likely to Be "Arizona Coyotes" at Some Point, When NHL Exists
That means the Coyotes have now lost 33 games of this season.
Don't hold your breath, though -- as we just mentioned, the NHL has had to announce game cancellations eight times since September.
Even after meeting with federal mediators for a couple days, NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said in a press release that "the parties remained far apart, and that no progress toward a resolution could be made through further mediation at this point in time."
So, find a list below of alternatives to watching the Valley's most-recent not-sucking professional sports team:
- Creep at the Ice Den
- Go to Prescott Valley and watch the Arizona Sundogs
- ASU's hockey team doesn't suck
- Go to Russia, or some other country with high-grade hockey
- Play NHL 13 for Playstation and Xbox
- Watch things that you've already watched on NHL Network
- Write angry letters to Gary Bettman, but don't send them
- Read BizNasty's tweets
- Sulk and pout