Obama Birth Certificate "Report" Released by Joe Arpaio is Actually Eight Months Old

birtherbozos.jpg
We actually looked at the report given out today during Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's announcement that he believes President Obama's birth certificate is a forgery, and there is a grand total of zero new information in it.

In fact, the report prepared by Mara Zebest -- who was at the press conference today -- is a rewritten version of a report she released in June.

All the "evidence" provided in the report today, including the "bitmapped text," "chromatic aberration," "layers," "clipping mask path," "white halo," -- literally every single thing in this report -- is eight months old.

It's easy to find, too, since conspiracy-theory king Jerome Corsi (also in attendance today) pimped out her report on his World Nut Net Daily website.

Now, the only two pieces of new "evidence" Arpaio announced today were a suspicious stamp on Obama's Selective Service Card, and the fact that the Cold Case Posse couldn't find the records they wanted.

Here's the original report:


Most of the points in the report have already been used by others and unsurprisingly debunked, but one guy actually debunked her entire report point-for-point, which you can find below.

The Cold Case Posse really spent six months on this?



Sponsor Content

My Voice Nation Help
47 comments
Allan R
Allan R

What are are Matthew Hendley's forensics credentials?  Why is his OPINION on a blog relevant?   He is not internally consistent. He states there is a "grand total of zero new information in it".  Then 4 paragraphs later he states "the only two pieces of new 'evidence' Arpaio announced today were a suspicious stamp on Obama's Selective Service Card and..."   So which is it? There is "zero new information" or there are 2 new items of information?   Please pick one or the other, and keep your story straight. How do you explain the "80  " when all the other millions of Selective Service Cards have "1980" on it?

Carolana
Carolana

Brigitte, you don't get it.  The real, not internet copy of birth certificate wasn't used.  They did not go to Hawaii, because they have the original, and of course would not give it to the cOLD case squad.   Why not use your investigating sKILLs to go after the sex abusers and outstanding warrants.  Not enough fun huh?  The real reasons the cOLD tea baggers want to discredit Obama is that a black man is the POTUS, and he and his family are inspiring to all black children.  Why don't you go back to nazi germany where you belong!

Obsolete777
Obsolete777

Can any birther explain how Obama’s selective service form could be a forgery when:

1- It came directly from the government as part of a FOIA request (Not from Obama or his campaign)
2- It was released in 2008, when Bush was President.

Was the Bush admin “in on it”?

Michael Clayton
Michael Clayton

What happens if you take anyone's birth certificate and give to anyone who is an imaging guru?
You will find lots of evidence of "forgery" of the type these people found. 
Few mothers and fathers think their kid might have to prove his/her citizenship 35 years from birth certificate signoff at the hospital. Have you looked at yours lately?  Is it a copy? Of course.
And all copies look like forgeries to someone.

Bridgette
Bridgette

Are you all complete idiots?  Did you even read it or listen to what was said at the Conference? Why aren't you providing the report from the Sheriff?  Instead you give a report from someone else rather than what was presented?  Have you seen the videos?  You don't think it is peculiar that they proved the Selective service card a forgery? There wasn't enough detail for you to write about?  The fake stamp?   These were experts and not Joe who did the investigating and you are chastising Joe?  And linking to Ms.Zebest's work when that isn't what was talked about?  Provide a link to the stamp information where they proved the stamp was handmade..   Provide a link to the person or report that proves the BC is validated by forensic specialists.  Show a link that shows and validates the stamp and signatures are forged on the BC. You are relying on a guy from who knows where for his debunking instead of trained experts?  You didn't READ it, you " looked" at the report. Period.  Then you say no new information is there?  What a bunch of parrots who have lost their thinking and analytical skills.  Who are the real Bozo's?  Look in the mirror.  Are you all on the Get Joe bandwagon?   So  you must agree that Obama is above the law too.  Do any of you know right from wrong?  Are you so brainwashed that you are easily swayed by blatant lies?  Find those videos and do debunk  them.  Of course, they have the evidence.to back up what they say.  I guess it wasn't important to say they want to call for a CRIMINAL investigation.   AZ citizens like law and order, and they aren't fools.  Arpaio corrupt is a joke!   Holder can't get anything on him after 3 years.  Yet who of the two men is really corrupt?  Who is the criminal?   Do some research parrots.   You  are embarrassing yourselves.

AZ FAIL
AZ FAIL

Birthers are such a pathetic lot...a bunch of ignorant, sorry bastards who simply cannot accept the fact that THE US ELECTED A PRESIDENT WHO IS NOT WHITE!!!!!!!!!!! It's just too much for their teeny weeny brains to process.

If  Barack Obama was named Barry O'Brien, had red hair and freckles and was born to an Irish father and an American mother, most of these losers would not give two shits about his birth certificate, and would not be out pimping crackpot conspiracy theories to prove he was really born in Ireland, or that he is somehow not qualified to be POTUS because he was sired by a non-American man and therefore is not a "natural-born" citizen. (By that standard a good number of our early presidents were also usurpers, and Romney is not qualified to be POTUS because his father was technically a Mexican citizen, having been born in a polygamist mormon compound in Mexico. Chew on that, birthers.) 

No, it is not Obama's foreign father that chaps their hides, it's the fact that his father was BLACK, and Obama has dark skin and a funny name. The fact that a non-white man now occupies the White House, a place they believe should only be occupied by white males, makes them sick.

Racism remains alive and well in America, and especially in the pathetic state of Arizona.

Fred Muggs
Fred Muggs

Mara Zebest was a disgruntled "PUMA" in 2008 when Barack Obama beat Hillary Clinton for the Democratic nomination. She posted as "mzebest" on PUMAPAC and on Birther websites.

Here are some examples:

Mara Zebest wrote:#134 mzebest on 06.19.08 at 1:49 pm
"...You
Senator Boxer, along with all other Senators in this great country,
still have the choice to do the right thing. It’s as simple as saying NO
to Obama. It’s as simple as standing behind Senator Clinton. It’s as
simple as DOING THE RIGHT THING. The voters will back you up if you
choose wisely. We always have a choice. All of us always have a choice. I
would like to see our ELECTED officials start to choose wisely and
reflect their constituents.

Sincerely,
Mara Zebest"

Mara Zebest wrote:"#353 mzebest on 07.25.08 at 4:13 pm

"...I
am tired of hearing about how Senator Obama attracks [sic] record number
crowds when the media intentionally continues to fail us on reporting
the WHOLE TRUTH (which is that this man is shallow and can’t attract
anyone without media marketing).

Again, thank you for not participating in that marketing hype.

Sincerely,
Mara Zebest
PUMA Democrat – California"

She also posted a link to a video comparing Obama to terrorists in this one:

Mara Zebest wrote:mzebest 11.22.08 at 8:26 pm
"Obama wouldn’t even be allowed to TOUR the White House much less run it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v... "

She is certainly entitled to her opinion of President Obama but if she is trying to pass herself off as an unbiased investigator she is lying. Her confirmation bias is clear. I can see why Arpaio kept her off the stage yesterday.

(H/T to Patrick McKinnion who did the research on Ms Zebest.)

Rvhobo1954
Rvhobo1954

Arpaio no doubt is laying his future defense for campaing finance violations and civil rights violations with the idea it all is politically motivated for the birther conspiracy investigation, and I guess in his senile mind he thinks it will help him, but my guess is he is truly whistling in the wind and doing us all a bit of entertainment and he just ads to the GOP 4 ring circus which is the GOP presidential nominee process, funny everyone he endorses looses!

Tina
Tina

The revelation that this Birth Certificate "Report" is eight months old, not created by Arpaio's CCP masquerade at all, answers the question why the State of Hawaii never even received so much as a phone call from Arpaio's "investigators" inquiring about Obama's birth certificate.  

Yep, Arpaio's Cold Case Posse's "work" was done before it even began.   AND that woman's "work"  was credibly debunked at great length long before Arpaio embroidered the lies at his Thursday   press conference.....called especially so the lies COULD  be embellished and expanded upon,,,,,and swallowed by uninformed  listeners.  

After this flagrant attempt to defraud the public, it's no wonder Arpaio refused to be interviewed by Channel 12  during its evening news broadcast.    

Rick
Rick

The report by Mara Zebest may have been written in June.  But she was not a part of the Posse.  So Matthew Hendley is quickly showing his bias by claiming there was no new information - even though he admits there were 2 new items.  By that "logic" he can claim that the information is years old, since Jerome Corsi started investigating Obama's birth certificate then.  The investigators consider as much evidence as possible and verify it.  It is significant that this is the first time a team of law enforcement professionals has come out to declare that there is evidence of forgery.

Rick
Rick

The report by Mara Zebest may have been written in June.  But she was not a part of the Posse.  So Matthew Hendley is quickly showing his bias by claiming there was no new information - even though he admits there were 2 new items.  By that "logic" he can claim that the information is years old, since Jerome Corsi started investigating Obama's birth certificate then.  The investigators consider as much evidence as possible and verify it.  It is significant that this is the first time a team of law enforcement professionals has come out to declare that there is evidence of forgery.

Princeton67atCoxdotnet
Princeton67atCoxdotnet

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but ridicule is not a viable legal defense when the charge is treason.

Willyg3717
Willyg3717

to bad this report seems like a bunch of whooey.  I was hoping for something good so we could impeach this looser we have in the whitehouse.

John Woodman
John Woodman

I think it's perceptive to notice that their points are 8 months old. I personally authored a book, released 6 months ago, which also debunked every single point raised in regard to the birth certificate itself.

I contacted the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office last fall, urged them to read the book, and offered to answer any questions they might have. They stated that they interviewed dozens of people.I was not among them.

Mzcouguar
Mzcouguar

AZ voters opened the door on the clown car... Bozo Russel Pearce fell out first, and the other Bozos will follow...

Walter Concrete
Walter Concrete

The so called de bunking article is a sham.  Look how seriously the person who wrote it takes the entire subject matter.   He writes it in the form of a joke to make you identify the first article as the same.   Don't you people ever actually subjectively read anything?     First, NewTimes sets it up by making fun of the subject.    Next Arpaio associates himself with the matter which makes you put the two together.    I think Arpaio is purposely involved in this birth cetificate issue to make people think of the two as the same thing.   He acts like a joke, so anything he acts like he's interested in is also a joke.   You all are being played with.    Next, you make fun of anything related to this in order to make yourselves feel superior to others and being in a group you feel as if you're right because all the other brilliant people like you certainly have to be right since the label of conspiracy theorist is always bad, right?    This is too easy.   Seeing is a natural ability but by reading and listening to all the professionally written and spoken bull that we are all subjected to everyday...most of you are asleep...but you'll swear you know what's happening all along.    You don't read much history, do you?     It's called propaganda.   Go back to sleep...being awake would only hurt your brain.

James Greenlee
James Greenlee

All of the "layers" BS is so easily debunked. The people who remain birthers by now are the extreme hardcore nuts, who will not be shaken from their conspiracy theory. ANYBODY who researched this from June to now would have debunked it themselves, unless they didn't want to, or are themselves. . .NUTS.

Koolarrow
Koolarrow

All the more of a reason to turn the heat up on all of these corrupt politicians in AZ!

Brewer, Arpaio, and Babeu's days are winding down!

Coz
Coz

Bozo Joe Arpaio, making fools of Arizona voters once again for voting for him.

Bridgette
Bridgette

 The form came from the Chicago offices - interesting isn't it?  That the place where the Selective Service System Registration documents are kept. Debbie Schlussel worked with a retired ICE Agent and they were the first to provide information about the forgery in November, 2008.   Check it out.  They show all the abnormalities found then.  The Posse figured out the date stamp forgery by comparing it to others during the same year.

I have no idea if the Bush admin knew, and adding his name is just misdirecting information from the known facts.  I would concentrate on the cronies at the DNC. They are the ones that need to cover their @ss.

TeoBuneo
TeoBuneo

 Poor, poor Bridgette! This delusional fool is an arrogant nonothing who can't tell his ass from her elbow! It really is sad how these Arpaio supporters are so damn stupid that they ignore the blatant criminality of the clown sheriff and his command staff, all well documented, to instead believe these delusions from  obvious mental patients.She parrots their nonsensense with the self assurance of the delusional!

John Woodman
John Woodman

> Why
aren't you providing the report from the Sheriff? 

The official report is linked to at the top of this article. It is EXTREMELY similar to Mara Zebest's earlier report, produced months ago. That being the case, one wonders exactly what the Cold Case Posse was doing for 6 months.

> You don't think it is peculiar that they proved the
Selective service card a forgery?

Already debunked this morning, at ObamaConspiracy dot org.

As for Mara Zebest's claims, they were debunked not only in a paper by one Frank Arduini directly responding to them, essentially all of them were also debunked in a 221-page book that I personally wrote on the forgery questions, "Is Barack Obama's Birth Certificate a Fraud? A Computer Guy Examines the Evidence for Forgery." This was published 6 months ago.

I personally made additional specific response to points raised yesterday in a one-hour interview with Reality Check Radio, available via blogtalkradio.

> Are you all on the Get Joe bandwagon?

Personally speaking, I'm on the Let's Present Some Valid Claims Instead of Bogus Nonsense bandwagon. To the extent that Sheriff Joe does that, he and his people have my full support.

jim
jim

It is not difficult for fools to fool  fools,as is the case in this situation.If there was any credible evidence to support these absurd allegations made by useful idiots,then the RNCwould have jumped on that evidence and brought it to light.

Strangely enough,Karl Rove,George Will and other Republican cumquats in the Republican Party have publicly rejected this nonsense on the part of extremists in the TeaParty.

Donald"Iam declaring Bankruptcy" Trump also has an investigation into President Obama's birth certificate,the results of which he has refused to make public,probably because like the contents in his head,he found nothing.

If anyone should be investigated ,it is the Republican Party for foisting the most incompetent and unqualified group of presidentail aspirants on an unsuspecting citizenry.

These clowns aspiring to the Presidency of this great nation,are,by their own accusations against each other,liars ,thieves,untrustworthy,influence peddlers,homewreckers ,,,and those are their good points....

If Al Capone were alive,he'd fit right in with this crowd of scalawags...

OBAMA RULES,,,Get used to it and get a life   LOL

TeoBuneo
TeoBuneo

 Idiots, complete and utter idiots, these birthers!

gshevlin
gshevlin

Nope, but it is a valid response when the current score of attempts to have Barack Obama declared ineligible on election and caucus ballots stands at 0-95. You see, if you are going to accuse the sitting POTUS of treason, the burden of proof is on you. This means that you need a lot of this pesky thing called evidence. So far the evidence is so weak as to be ridiculous. Therefore a lot of people, quite logically, are ridiculing it. If you want to prevail in an accusation of treason, you will need some compelling evidence. Where is it?

Fred Muggs
Fred Muggs

The CC(C)P also failed to even contact the State of Hawaii. You would think that if their mission was to authenticate a birth certificate that they would have bothered to talk to the issuing authority?

Coz
Coz

With as little luck

Native Guns
Native Guns

Being played with?
Who's taking arpaio seriously? Most of us know that the joke is on him. If anyone is lapping up his cesspool. It's his ghastly hordes of swarthy supporters and those inside the birther movement.

Native Guns
Native Guns

 Sounds like they themselves forged and doctored up extra bogus evidence in their dubiously so called investigation. I wonder if this is a criminal mishap? If so, I really think Obama should sue arpaio for libel or defamation. Something along those lines. And put an end to this nonsense once and for all. It would be amazing to see Obama as the latest victim suing our constantly sued shurf.

FREDM
FREDM

James, i will ask you what i have asked, NBC, CBS ABC CNN FOX, if you can produce a legal original  american document from 1961 when describing race says African you will make a believer out of me. According to CDC website thats not goining to happen.
 Batting 1000

Lydia
Lydia

 I'm so embarrassed...   All my friends and relatives from out of state have already texted me.

Bridgette
Bridgette

 Talk about Parrots Teo!  Way to go.  Hows that $8.00 a hour Obot job workin' out fer ya?
 Gosh, do get a new playbook!  Tell your sponsors you need better material to deal with intelligent, thinking people. Are you on the government dole?

Talk about stupid...deal with the facts dumBO!  Ridicule anyone, but deal with the FACTS..or are FACTS to tough for you to comprehend Teo? 

Speaking of criminals, I guess you are a rabid Obot...who likes the fact that he has a criminal in the WH.  You have no idea who he is either.  But what we do know is that Obama can't pass the government's own E-verify, he uses multiple names, spellings of his name, uses stolen social security numbers, doesn't  own the house in Chicago, said he paid taxes on that house on his tax return yet Chicago says he didn't, was involved in a real estate scam for the house he claims he owns, has all photoshopped family photos, forged selective service form, forged BC, and this is just  the short list.   Sounds like a real upstanding guy?    Count up the felonies...you can count past three, can't you?

Yeah, Sheriff Joe is the one to malign.  Surely  not the guy of unknown origins that your ilk want to protect.  Your daggers  are pointed  in the wrong direction Teo.  Brainwashed so much that you can't think for yourself?  Poor, poor Deluded Teo!

Bridgette
Bridgette

Oh, its the Woodman that plays conservative, but hangs with the progressives. Can you say plant.  The camouflage only works for some.  Oh, for sure I will check out the Con's dissection of the report. Not.  The first part of his name speaks for what he is. I can think for myself John, I can read and analyze material.   Am I to be impressed you were on a progressive station touting your knowledge of the evidence? I heard  you before and wasn't impressed.  You jumped from a conservative station to a progressive one where they put salve on your wounds. I think you were discussing your findings with Ms. Zebest and a man.

 I guess you are trying to say you were in attendance with the lawyers and police officers while they were gathering evidence so your statements should be listened to?  You have seen the stamp on the selective service cards and know all about it too. You know all about postal stamps.  Sure.  You know the signatures on the BC were put on the phoney birth certificate and aren't original, so why not admit it?. 

Again, the groupies here haven't read the report or they could discuss it.  Instead being just parrots, they keep on squawking the talking points for the day.  They would rather take the propagandists words  than rely on what they themselves can see.  

I guess that CRIMINAL investigation those men called for should be ignored because you and Dr. Con have all the facts.  You are both experts  in the field of fraud and forgery and law enforcement.  Isn't  Con elevating  himself  from being a flower shop owner to a Dr.? Are you all hoodwinked or what.

I see the author of this drivel still hasn't put up the actual report or linked  the conference. It is so much safer  to stay in the dark and let others lead you on.  This is not rocket science.  The CONmen are doing what they do best, lie.  I guess you have to figure out for yourself why you want to cover for a common criminal.   
     

Princeton67atCoxdotnet
Princeton67atCoxdotnet

The evidence is ubiquitous.  The problem is not the dearth nor the credibility of evidence, but the inability and/or unwillingness of the fearful masses to recognize the situation for what it truly is.  But truth will out...

Tina
Tina

Yes, the dishonesty over this bogus "investigation" is disgusting, but Arpaio is digging his own grave and pounding the nails in his own coffin.  He doesn't need any assistance from Obama.  

Tina
Tina

You needn't have wasted your time making inquiries to those news outlets, when the reason for the "race" of Barack Obama's father being given as "African" was provided long ago on "snopes."    Check it out.  

Johnny Skee Mask
Johnny Skee Mask

 Nope. The Old Man does not carry a firearm. He simply cannot handle it. Instead, he has MCSO body guards with him 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. (probably at tax payers expense). If the old slacker ever fired a gun, it may lead to a sudden cardiac arrest, an eventual heart attack. A gun is too much for him, son.

Wasillawitch
Wasillawitch

No gun, Arpaio is not now, or ever been AZPOST certified, therefore he is not authorized to carry a service firearm in his (in)capacity as sheriff.

Yes, criminals all over Maricopa County are quaking in their boots in fear of Arpaio's badge.

America's Toughest Sheriff has fallen, Arpaio is now the Biggest Joke of Arizona, and he's beat out a lot of competition to become THE BIGGEST JOKE OF AZ.

John
John

 On the basis of that fact, I would suggest staying out of Arizona...  I know I will.

Woefatcat
Woefatcat

 I was raised in AZ and now live in Indiana. When people ask me where I am from I tell them Kentucky. How sad for my former state.

Lydia
Lydia

Actually their messages were somewhere in the line of, "Aren't you a proud Arizonian?"

Johnny Skee Mask
Johnny Skee Mask

 Yeah I remember reading about that one. It was too damn funny.

Wasillawitch
Wasillawitch

Actually, they don't even let Arpaio drive anymore since he totalled a brand new Crown Victoria on a boulder in a shopping mall parking lot.  He has a (taxpayer paid) detail of deputies that drive him to/from work each day, and to all of his staged publicity stunts.

Now Trending

Phoenix Concert Tickets

Around The Web

From the Vault

 

Loading...