Juan Garcia Allegedly Beat His Girlfriend's 2-Year-Old Son To Death; Boy's Mother Called Police A Few Hours Later

Categories: Bad Parents
Juan Garcia.jpg
Phoenix PD
Juan Garcia allegedly beat his girlfriend's 2-year-old son to death, and left.
See the latest update on the police hunt for Juan Garcia.

Phoenix police are looking for 18-year-old Juan Garcia, who allegedly went over to his girlfriend's house on Friday night, beat her 2-year-old son to death, and left.

The boy's 18-year-old mother, Wendy Rogel-Pagas, was jailed on Saturday, after telling police she called 9-1-1 -- more than three hours after the boy went unconscious from Garcia's alleged beating.

According to court documents obtained by New Times, Rogel-Pagas and her son -- Jorge Zamora-Rogel -- were at home on Friday when Garcia showed up around 7 p.m. with some food.

After Garcia's girlfriend informed him that her son wouldn't be eating any of the food he brought over, Garcia went to the boy's bedroom and attempted to pull him out of the room by his ear.

When the boy began to cry, and telling the kid to "shut up" didn't work, police say Garcia picked the boy up by the throat and began slamming his head into the bedroom wall.

Garcia then began slamming the boy's head against the ground, beating the kid unconscious before Rogel-Pagas intervened, according to court documents.

When Rogel-Pagas did try to get involved, police say he whipped her with an electrical cord and choked her.

Garcia attempted to wake the boy up -- by hitting him more, lifting him up by his ankle, bending his fingers back, and slapping him face -- but the boy remained unconscious, according to police.

Garcia then just decided to leave.

Rogel-Pagas also tried to wake the boy up -- which still didn't work -- and she told police she cleaned the "bloody froth" coming out of his mouth several times.

Rogel-Pagas told police her son's arms were spasming uncontrollably, and his erratic breathing was making a "rattling sound" -- which she recognized from "one of her dogs which died shortly after making this noise."

About 90 minutes after Garcia left, he showed up again and tried to wake the boy up -- again by hitting the kid and bending his fingers back -- which still didn't work.

Eventually, police say, the boy stopped breathing and his heart stopped beating as well.

My Voice Nation Help

This is horrible poor Bby boy ir in a better place w/god. This chick is is no mother at all and god will get u for this

Now Trending

Phoenix Concert Tickets

From the Vault