Tyson Langley, 15-Year-Old Accused of Double-Murder, Held on $2 Million Bond

Categories: Death Valley
langley.jpg
Baby-faced alleged killer Tyson Langley
Tyson Langley, the 15-year-old accused of gunning down two people at a Peoria smoke shop last week, is being held on $2 million bond after he was arrested in Los Angeles over the weekend and extradited back to the Valley.

Langley, court records obtained by New Times show, was arrested on Los Angeles' Skid Row on Thursday afternoon after a "BOLO" (be on the lookout) had been issued for him by Peoria police.

When he was taken into custody, Langley had a gun in his possession -- violating California's minor in possession of a firearm law.

Peoria police picked Langley up at Los Angeles' East Lake Juvenile Detention Facility and brought him back to the Valley, where he was booked into a Maricopa County jail on two counts of first degree murder.

Since his arrest, Langley has said little to authorities. This morning, during his initial appearance in Maricopa County Superior Court (which you can see by clicking here), Langley quietly said his name and date of birth before Court Commissioner Barbara Hamner appointed a public defender to handle the boy's case.  

According to Peoria police, Langley shot two customers -- Melinda Bowen, 38, and Kenneth Matlock, 60 -- at the Euphorium Emporium smoke shop in Peoria Tuesday afternoon. Both victims were shot in the head.

After fatally shooting Bowen and Matlock, Langley followed another customer out of the store and shot him in the hip, court records show.

Langley left the shop with $300 and the owner of the smoke shop's handgun. He then drove Matlock's truck to a Phoenix Walgreen's before catching a bus to Los Angeles.

A motive for the murders is unknown.

Per Arizona statute, Langley will be charged as an adult. His next court appearance is scheduled for January 27.
My Voice Nation Help
73 comments

Now Trending

Phoenix Concert Tickets

From the Vault

 

Loading...