The Biggest Metal Moments of NAMM 2014
So, onto some of the most metal moments of NAMM:
- Peter Keys (Lynyrd Skynyrd and George Clinton) keyboard demo at Korg in a room that held about 50 people
- Marty Friedman (known for his tenure as lead guitarist in Megadeth, Cacophony and his illustrious 12 album solo career) shredding at a Paul Reed Smith guitar demo.
- The Iron Maidens rocking the stage at Peavey Electronics
- G. Moe from Earth Wind & Fire, whose also worked with Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Patti La Belle and Marvin Gaye, signing autographs.
- Lady Gaga violinist Judy Kang shredding a little Flying V neon green violin at Wood Violins (one of my new favorite products).
- Heavy Mellow at Cordoba Guitars, featuring Ben Woods, one of the most sought after flamenco guitarists in the United States. Woods is known for creating a new genre of flamenco and metal by developing new guitar techniques and arrangements for his groups Flametal and Heavy Mellow.
- Queen Nation, hailed as the world's greatest Queen tribute, at Grand Illusion Piano Shells.
- Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains announcing his new signature AMP the JJ at David Allen Pickups.
- A rare appearance by Beatles' artist Alan Aldridge at Flying Mo-Jo, alongside his Jimi Hendrix guitar that he painted.