Nu-Towne Saloon Ravaged By Blaze
|The interior of Nu-Towne Saloon, prior to getting roasted and toasted by a fire.|
Please refrain from making any jokes involving any wordplay with "flames" or "flaming," thank you very much.
Per reports by KTVK and FOX-10, the blaze was ignited early Wednesday morning and raged for approximately two hours before the Phoenix Fire Department arrived to extinguish the inferno. They apparently had trouble getting through the joint's steel security door, and were forced to cut a hole in the roof. No word has been released as to the cause of the conflagration.
Given that the fire had plenty of time to burn, it's a safe bet Nu-Towne's shabby-chic décor, which consists of various antiques and tschotchkes, has likely been reduced to rubble.
We're particularly curious as to the condition of the six-foot plaster rooster that occupied one corner of the bar, although it's a safe bet that particular chicken had been fried up.