Blooze Bar Scorched Due To After-Hours Fire

Categories: Opening/Closing
blooze bar fire.jpg
What's left of the Blooze Bar after this morning's fire.
Flames engulfed North Phoenix rock club the Blooze Bar early this morning, leaving the interior of the renowned music venue located at 32nd Street and Cactus charred and largely destroyed.

According to the Arizona Republic, the fire began within long after last call at just before 4 a.m. Obviously no one was injured (since the final beer of the evening had been poured hours before), but per pictures of the aftermath posted on Facebook reveal significant amounts of fire and smoke damage.

Officials from the Phoenix Fire Department haven't revealed the cause of the blaze, but have noted that arson isn't suspected.

The Blooze, which opened in 2002, has long been a venue for local hard rock and rockabilly acts. I've spoken and shared beers with its kinky-haired owner Tumbleweed a couple times and every musician I know who's played there loved the place. Several messages have been left on its Facebook as of this writing regarding the fire, including this one from musician Steve Larson: "Well Tumbleweed, I hope you were insured and are able to make something twice as big and cool."

Indeed.

More on the situation as it develops.

My Voice Nation Help
0 comments

Now Trending

From the Vault

 

Phoenix Event Tickets
Loading...