6 Things We Learned During WWE Smackdown at US Airways Center in Phoenix
|WWE fans watch on as Randy Orton battles Roman Reigns at US Airways Center.|
Phoenix is, and always will be, a WWE town
There's a simple reason that the Valley hosts an average of two or more WWE events each and every year: Phoenix loves it some pro wrestling. It's why there was a WrestleMania here in 2010, and at least five other pay-per-views that have taken place at US Airways Center, each of which were sold out. Even a non-televised WWE live event this past February at the arena boasted more than 12,000 in attendance.
And if online rumors are to believed, the WWE is reportedly planning a possible return to Phoenix in mid-March. Tickets and details haven't officialy been announced yet, probably because it's more than six months away, but you can bet that local WWE fans will scoop 'em up quickly.
A family of local WWE fans after the Smackdown taping.
WWE Smackdown and The Main Event at US Airways Center:
Dark match: Adam Rose defeated Fandango
Main Event Taping:
- Sheamus pinned Curtis Axel
- Nikki Bella defeated Emma
- Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil beat Los Matadores
- The Big Show pinned Eric Rowan
Dark match: Cesaro beat Kofi Kingston
- Seth Rollins beat Jack Swagger
- Rusev defeated Sin Cara
- Randy Orton battled Rob Van Dam to a no-contest
- Natalya pinned Divas champ Paige in a non-title bout
- Goldust and Stardust beat Eric Rowan and Luke Harper
- Roman Reigns defeated Intercontinental champion The Miz in a non-title match
Biggest pops: Roman Reigns (duh), John Cena, Jack Swagger and RVD
Biggest heat: Rusev and Randy Orton