50 Signs You're Dating a Basic Bro
Courting Disaster is Jackalope Ranch's weekly column of dating horror stories, observations, how-tos, and more by Katie Johnson. Names of ex-boyfriends, past hookups, and bad blind dates have been changed to protect the guilty.
Jhong Dizon via Flickr
Are you searching for a stand-out man but feeling like you end up dating the same generic brand of dude? Chances are, that guy's a basic bro, the work-hard-play-hard type fueled by protein powder and Daft Punk. While there's plenty to love and hate about both the basic bitch and the basic bro, we can all agree that these two deserve each other.
See also: 50 Signs You're Dating a Basic Bitch
50. He has thousands of dollars worth of electronics (i.e., a flat-screen TV, Xbox, stereos) but no toilet paper.
49. His degree is most like in business or communications.
48. He loves rap songs about smoking weed.
47. He wears Axe Body Spray. Which is strange because no woman on Earth likes Axe Body Spray.
46. The only magazines he subscribes to are Sports Illustrated and Maxim.