Nomination Deadline Extended for the 2014 Governor's Arts Awards
The deadline to nominate artists, educators, business, and individuals for the 2014 Governor's Arts Awards has been extended to 5 p.m. on Friday, December 13.
The awards, which are presented by Arizona Citizens for the Arts, the Arizona Commission on the Arts and the Office of the Governor of Arizona, are given each year to creatives and business in Arizona that contribute to "to the diversity and excellence of Arizona's arts and cultural community."
Awards are given in the following six categories:
• Artist: Recognizing a living Arizona artist of significant merit, leadership or renown whose creations or contributions enrich the state and the field of the arts. This category is open to artists of all disciplines.
• Individual: Recognizing an individual for significant contributions to the arts in Arizona in arts leadership, support and/or volunteerism.
• Community: Recognizing a community organization or institution that has demonstrated significant support of or participation in community-based programs or services fostering excellence in, appreciation of, or access to the arts in Arizona. Schools or school districts are not eligible in this category.
• Arts In Education Organization: Recognizing a nonprofit arts organization or school that has demonstrated significant support or participation in activities which foster excellence in, appreciation of, or access to arts education in Arizona.
• Arts In Education Individual: Recognizing educators, teaching artists, school administrators or school volunteers who have demonstrated significant support or participation in activities fostering excellence in, appreciation of, or access to arts education in Arizona.
• Business: Recognizing small to large businesses demonstrating significant support through time, energy and/or financial support or by participation in activities which foster excellence in, appreciation of, or access to the arts throughout the state.