Laurie Notaro's Seven Reasons Why Phoenix is Better than Portland
Editor's Note: When architect and community activist Taz Loomans announced she was moving to Portland, we added her to a long list of Phoenicians who've decided to pack their bags and head to the Pacific Northwest.
And then we called Laurie Notaro.
Notaro is a best-selling author and frequent New Times' contributor. She lived in Phoenix for more than 30 years before moving to Eugene, Oregon. And while she's spent plenty of time in Portland, she still thinks Phoenix is better. Here's why:
- Phoenix Loses Another Creative Force in Taz Loomans
- Chow Bella's Candy Hearts: Food and Love Stories from Laurie Notaro, Robrt Pela, Kim Porter, Deborah Sussman, and More
- Laurie Notaro's Five Reasons Why Haboobs Are Awesome
7. Phoenix is better because of refried beans.
6. Phoenix is better because moss does not grow inside of your car.