10 Literary Lessons Learned from Judy Blume
5. "Something will be offensive to someone in every book, so you've got to fight it."
4. "What's the point of thinking about how it's going to end when it's just the beginning?"
3. "That's not a bad word ... hate and war are bad words but fuck isn't."
2. "[I]t's not just the books under fire now that worry me. It is the books that will never be written. The books that will never be read. And all due to the fear of censorship. As always, young readers will be the real losers."
1. "My only advice is to stay aware, listen carefully, and yell for help if you need it."