Elephant's Trunk Brings Vintage Furniture, Comics, and Clothing to Roosevelt Row
Aspiring artists and creative shoppers have a new reason to troll around Roosevelt Row in downtown Phoenix. Elephant's Trunk just opened with a promise to add a new twist to the neighborhood with their style of business.
Brenna Ruppert Elephant's Trunks' living room is speckled with vintage treats, jewelry and modern art.
Elephant's Trunk opened its Downtown doors at 902 N. 5th St. in early January. Owner Allen Parker says he is passionate about the distribution of his products and focuses solely on exclusive and out-of-the-ordinary purchases for his space. The shop is full of Parker's personal finds, and the interior walls are draped with local artwork and vintage posters that are complemented by a collection of furniture.
- First Friday in Downtown Phoenix: An Illustrated Map and Guide for February 1
- Hard Goods: Designs and Concrete Goods by Local Artists in Uptown Phoenix
- Cellar Door Vintage Opens with Punk Duds and a Skeleton on Sixth Street in Downtown Phoenix
Aside from its individual creative touch of various art pieces and antique knick-knacks, Elephant's Trunk is providing space for local artists to display their work during First Friday and during the shop's functioning hours.
Check out what we'd like to take home, what's on our wishlist, and why we'd go back:
Brenna Ruppert Geek chic- Old school Superman comics
What we're taking home:
- Vintage Comics $3 - $5 -- A collectors score! Strewn across an antique coffee table await Superman comic books that date back as far as the '70s.
- Antique cameras and camera case: $20-$80 -- Turn your Instagram obsession into a profession. The shop's display bathroom wall hoards a selection of old school cameras fit for snapshot art.
- Accessory scarves: $3 -- Dress up any outfit with the perfect third piece.
Brenna Ruppert "Pops of color/curving lines" by featured artist, Katie Kelly.
What's on our wish list:
- 1957 Original Premiere Poster: $2,000 -- Over 50 years ago, the French film, The Unholy Wife hit the silver screen. This mural-sized poster would complete any modern or vintage living room.
- "Pops of color/curving lines" by Katie Kelly: $400 -- This colorful, abstract piece is singled out with its vibrant color scheme and curvaceous craftsmanship.
- Wooden bar and wine rack: $300 -- Calling all winos...this one-of-a-kind wine rack hubs alcohol and style with its objet d'art features.
Why we're headed back:
With a central location and unique merchandise, Elephant's Trunk is sure to bring in more than just the First Friday crowd that will find hand-made, welded furniture and a household of antique and artistic treasures.
Tues. - Sun. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (open until 11 p.m. every First Friday Art Walk)