PHX Craft Rave Announces Lineup and Goodie Bag Details for This Weekend's Event
Forget the candy necklaces, glowsticks, and happy face pills -- this rave is all about the crafts.
PHX Craft Rave
Join hundreds of local creative-types on Saturday November 17 at Scottsdale Studios for the annual PHX Craft Rave -- 10 hours of make-and-take madness.
The event, hosted by Kathy Cano-Murillo, aka The Crafty Chica, and Cyndi Coon, of Laboratory 5, features how-to projects including glittered shrines, graffiti totes, needle felting, screen printing, paper arts and others, technique tips from local artists, and free crafting stations (as well as a few drool-worthy giveaways for the first 100 guests).
- Christine Lee Talks Process and Material in ASU's Crafting a Continuum Visiting Artist Series
- Maker Bench No Longer Available For Public Use, Owner David Uhlman Says Plans for Maker Faire are on Hold
- Rehabbing Furniture with Laurie Notaro (Episode Two)
This year's lineup includes:
- Cyndi Coon: Lovely Lula and Laboratory5, Message In A Bottle Offerings
- Kathy Cano-Murillo: The Crafty Chica, Cigar Box Shrines and Match Box Shrine Ornaments
Maya Murillo: Maya in the Moment, Stenciled Graffiti Style T-Shirts, sponsored by Michaels Stores and iLoveToCreate, Musical performance
- The Phoenix Fridas: The Phoenix Fridas
Glittered Frida Canvas Portraits
- Lisa Takata: LisaTakata.com, Needle Felting
- Suzanne Blanck: Blanckslate Cut Paper Tea Light Art
- Felicity Snyder: Crafty Modern, Holiday Screen-Printed Ornaments and Stockings
- Vasna Taneva-Miller: BecHa Fabric and Shrinky Plastic Jewelry
- Marissa: Artologists Studio Recycled Books
- Tami Bayer: Peace, Tea, and Ink Up-cycled Game Piece Jewelry
- Julie Burns: Julie Marie Painted Lace Art
- Angela Daniels: Cooking, Crafting and Cocktails, Vintage Bottle Cap Wine Charms
- Annette Armas: CJ's Angels Fabric Dolls and Gift Books
- Stacia Robin: Recycled Water Bottle Bracelets
- Saskia Jorda: Saskia Jorda Embroidered Bandana
- Lizzy Hernandez: Arte By La Chillona Prayer Pocket Necklace
- Briana Beveridge: OWM Folded Inspiration Books
- Jill Brownley: Luminata Design Mini Paintings
- Julie Seldes: Awaken the Spirit Wire Healing Angels
- Kathya Hidalgo: Stamp With Kathya, Paper Crafts and Greeting Cards
- Dania Zarate, La Beauty Pie, Holiday Pin-up Girl Makeovers
- Maggie Leininger / ASU Fiber Arts Network: Visual Strata-Sphere
Coiled Coasters (led by Amy Masters)
Felted Soap Bars (led by Madison Simmons)
Dye Your Own Shoe Laces (led by Marrissa)
Screen Printed and Dyed Produce Bags (led by ML)
Stitched & Printed Tea Towels (led by Lizzie)
Print Your Own Fabric Buttons (led by Damian)
Craft Rave organizers are announcing goodie bag giveaways and raffle prizes on the Craft Rave blog, including passes to RISE OF THE GUARDIANS, copies of crafter Mark Montano's new book THE BIG ASS BOOK OF BLING, and supplies from iLoveToCreate and Michaels. Bags go to the first 100 attendees.
The Craft Rave, traditionally held at Bragg's Pie Factory will be held this year at the Scottsdale Studios, 9445 E. Double Tree Ranch Rd. from 2 p.m. to midnight. Admission is $5 and craft workshops are individually priced.
Stay tuned to Kathy Cano-Murillo and Cyndi Coon's websites for more info.