50 Reasons Why Arizona is the Best State in the Country
39. Some of the best DJs in the world got their start here: Z-Trip, Markus Schulz, Eddie Amador, and Fashen.
38. Arizona leads the nation in copper production.
37. Arizona is the only place in the United States where mail is still delivered by mule in Havasupai, at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
36. Keith Haring painted a mural here. (A bunch of local artists have, too.)
35. Arizona voters approved the best medical marijuana law in the country, even if the state's right-wingers are doing everything possible to derail it.
34. We have the best Sonoran hot dogs outside of Sonora, Mexico.
33. Arizona is the only state in the entire country that's home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
32. Ever flip through the shopping catalog instead of listen to the safety instructions on a plane? You can thank the braintrust at Sky Mall, located in Phoenix.
31. It's a great place to be a naked meth addict.
30. South Mountain Park is the 4th largest urban park in America. At 16,283 acres, it beats Central Park by 15,440.
29. It's the birthplace of rocking ladies Stevie Nicks and Linda Ronstadt.
28. The Meadows rehab facility in Wickenburg brings in the likes of Kate Moss, Elle MacPherson, Eric Benet, and David Duchovny.
27. Winter temperatures in Phoenix are like summer temperatures in Florida, minus the humidity.
26. Frank Lloyd Wright wintered here.