Thomas Schultz's Phoenix Artifact
Something viewed as a product of human conception or agency rather than an inherent element. The series Artifact contains photographs of manmade objects found in the landscape, seamlessly melded with photographs of textures shot on location.
The countdown to Best of Phoenix begins! Last year, we profiled 100 Creatives who made a mark on the local arts scene. This year, we'll have 100 creative representations of Phoenix. No scope or requirement on medium or size -- we'll include photography, painting, sculpture, video, installation, literary, and more. What do you see when you Imagine PHX?
Imagine PHX, so far:
100: Steven Revering's Westward Ho
99: Jon Ashcroft's Suspended in Geography
98: William LeGoullon's Table
97. Jason Hill's Phoenix Financial Center
95: Allison Elliott's Walls of Downtown Phoenix
94. Fausto Fernandez's Grid City
93. Chikara Kakizawa's Ship Out of Water
92: Dayvid LeMmon's Process / Gentrification
88. Sean Deckert's Ginae vs. the 12th Street Gang
87. Pete Petrisko's Admiral of Phoenix
86. Quincy Ross' Lone Skyscraper
85. Andrew Armstrong's Illustrated Cityscape
And, hey! It's lunch time. Check out Chow Bella's 100 Favorite Dishes for some foodie inspiration.
Have a suggestion for a Phoenix icon by a local creative? Leave it in the comments section or email Claire.Lawton@newtimes.com