Last year we marked the hundred day countdown to Best of Phoenix by sharing some of our favorite food folks' "Personal Best" lists. This year we're bringing back our list of 100 Favorite Dishes. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
60. Kale Caesar Salad from Original ChopShop Co.
See also: The Original ChopShop in Scottsdale Caters to the Healthy Crowd
It's been a few years since kale first exploded onto the average diner's radar as some sort of amazing superfood that was going to make us all look and feel like superstars. And maybe that's not entirely true.Either way it's become one of our favorite leafy green thanks to its hardy texture and faintly bitter, earthy taste. Because sometimes you just need some tasty roughage.
One of our favorite ways to enjoy our kale is at Original ChopShop Co., the healthy food stop that's expanded to include locations in Scottsdale, Tempe, and Chandler in just over a year. In menu includes juices, sandwiches, and bowls but we pretty much always go for the Kale Caeser Salad.
It's not your traditional ceasar salad in any sense -- in fact the dressing isn't ceasar at all. Instead ChopShop uses a light, tangy lemon dijon vinnagrette along with campari tomatoes, croutons, and Parmesan cheese. For protein we think the restaurant's shrimp pairs well, and if you just have to have some carbs, then you can always order your salad as a wrap. Anyway you order it, it's the kind of meal that tastes good and feels even better.
Miss a dish?
100. Pork Belly Pastrami from Citizen Public House
99. French Onion Soup from Bonjour Vietnam
98. Whiskey Cream Gelato from Marrazo That's Amore
97. Breakfast Croissant from Cartel Coffee Lab
96. Salmon "Yasu Style" at Yasu Sushi Bistro
95. Cannoli from DeFalco's Italian Deli
94. Falafel Sandwich from Al-Hana Restaurant
93. PBLT at Bootleggers
92. Samosa from Little India
91. Combo Plate from El Pollo Supremo
90. Brunch Burger from Orange Table
89. Duck Fat Fries from Bourbon Steak
88. Kurobuta Pork Chop from Noca
87. Carne Adovada Enchiladas from Los Dos Molinos
86. Maple Bacon Doughnut from Rainbow Donuts
85. Pad Khing from Nunthaporn's Thai Cuisine
84. Mariscos con Arroz from Tumi Fine Peruvian Cuisine
83. Chicago Dog from Portillo's Hot Dogs
82. Lemon Bars from Phoenix Public Market Cafe
81. Preserved Pickle and Pork Noodle Soup from Asian Cafe Express
80. Maine Lobster Roll from The Maine Lobster Lady
79. Lengua Tacos from Asadero Norte de Sonora
78. Black Licorice from Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
77. Cracker Jack from House of Tricks
76. Chicken Achari Curry from Curry Corner
75. Lavender Berry Lemonade Popsicle from AZ Pops
74. Truffle Bikini from The Tavern
73. Lemon and Basil Chicken Salad Sandwich from Essence Bakery Cafe
72. Oaxaca Special Burro from Carolina's
71. Texas Po' Boy from Texas BBQ House
70. Thai Noodle Soup from RedThai
69. Breakfast Sandwich from Lux Central
68. Deep Fried Duck with Taro from Hong Kong Asian Diner
67. Chicken Pot Pie from The Duce
66. Alfajores from El Chullo
65. Chashu Ramen from Sushi Ken
64. Yukon Gold from The Parlor Pizzeria
63. Crispy Pig Ears from Bar Crudo
62. French Fries from Cafe Bink, Bink's Midtown, and Bink's Scottsdale
61. Croissant Bread Pudding from Ollie Vaughn's
Follow Chow Bella on Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest.
222 E. University Drive, Tempe, AZ