June Restaurant Openings and Closings in Metro Phoenix
Although just about as many restaurants opened as the ones that closed last month, the good news is that of the places that shuttered, many have plans to reopen as new concepts in the coming months. So, although it hurts to see some local mainstays shutter, it's nice to know there's something new and exciting on the horizon. How's that for a silver lining?
Katie Johnson Reading and drinking go together like, well, reading and drinking.
- First Draft Book Bar in Changing Hands, Phoenix "The First Draft Book Bar is pouring coffee and beer and wine on tap and offers a menu of small bites and snacks, as well as happy hour deals Monday through Friday."
- The Vig McCormick Ranch, Scottsdale "On the design front the newest Vig location will offer a "modern-territorial feel" with touches that will include bare wood posts and amber-brown paint."
- Grand Avenue Pizza Company, Phoenix "For now Grand Avenue Pizza Company is really counting on customers who like to eat late with hours from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday only."
- The Oatmeal Cafe, Mesa "The cafe is, of course, serving all of Webb's oatmeal creations. Flavor varieties range from the familiar -- original, blueberry vanilla almond, and pumpkin spice -- to the more unexpected, including root beer float, Chocolate Cherry Rapture, and Jewels of India."
- SumoMaya, Scottsdale "Not every dish on the restaurant's lengthy menu is a perfect 10, but overall it does an excellent job of proving that fusion food doesn't have to be the sort of clunky fare with which we've become all too familiar."
- Salt & Lime Modern Mexican Grill, Scottsdale "The restaurant serves a menu of modern Mexican fare -- think, five kinds of salsa, empanadas, and pork belly tacos."
- Freak'N Brewing Company, Peoria "If the name sounds familiar, it's because Freak'N Brewing Company has been around for several years already and has made appearances at events and local competitions including the 2013 Great AZ Home Brew Competition and Arizona Beer Week."
- Oven + Vine, Phoenix "As far as food, the menu will be "oven-driven" featuring slow-roasted brick oven fare. There also will be about a dozen beers available on tap and about that many wines available by the glass."
|An upscale Mexican-Asian fusion spot opened recently in Scottsdale.|
8729 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ
2501 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ
1941 W. Guadalupe Rd., Mesa, AZ
35 E. 9th St., Tempe, AZ
7345 N. Via Paseo Del Sur, Scottsdale, AZ
300 W. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ
603 W. University Drive, Tempe, AZ
1031 NW Grand Ave., Phoenix, AZ
6830 E. 5th Ave., Scottsdale, AZ
6562 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ
9397 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ
9299 W. Olive Ave, Peoria, AZ
14 West Vernon Ave, Phoenix, AZ