The Great American Veg Out: 7 Chefs, 7 Mixologists, and a Lot of Veggies in Phoenix on July 27
We have a feeling our local chefs are enjoying the slow season this year. Why? Because this summer there's been an remarkable number of multi-chef dining events (see, here and here) to enjoy -- and to be clear, we're not complaining.
Blue Hound Kitchen and Cocktails
The latest seven chef/mixologist event to add to your dining calendar is The Great American Veg Out. The one-day dining event is "out to prove that vegetables are sexy," a noble cause that doesn't seem so daunting when you check out the list of participating chefs.
On Sunday, July 27 seven of the Valley's top chefs will join forces for a veggie-centric dining event hosted by Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails at Kimpton's Hotel Palomar. The Great American Veg Out will include a seven course vegetable medley menu paired with seven specialty cocktails from local mixologists.
Participating chefs include:
- Cullen Campbell (Crudo)
- Gio Osso (Virtu Honest Craft)
- Bernie Kantak (The Gladly & Citizen Public House)
- Greg Wiener (Top of the Rock)
- Justin Beckett (Southern Rail & Beckett's Table)
- Josh Hebert (Posh)
- Stephen Jones (Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails)
Participating mixologists include:
- Lyndsi Hastings-Mundy (The Yard)
- Dustin Bolin (The Beverly)
- Brandon Casey (Citizen Public House)
- Clint Spotleson (Crudo)
- Micah Olson (Crudo)
- Jason Asher (Young's Market)
The meal costs $35 a person and seating is limited. There will be two seatings for the event, one at 11 a.m. and a second at 1 p.m. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 602-258-0231.