May Restaurant Openings and Closings in Metro Phoenix
Even though the busy tourist season in Phoenix has come and gone, the good news for Phoenix food lovers is that we've still had more great spots open up in the past month than we've had to say goodbye to. We've even seen some previously-closed favorite restaurants open back up.
Lauren Saria Michael O'Dowd is back on the scene, but this time in a cozy downtown Phoenix house.
In case you missed it, here are all of the brand new, resurrected, and fallen (but not forgotten) spots that changed Phoenix's dining scene in May.
- Urban Vine "The new space still shows a little bit of the whimsy O'Dowd was putting out at Renegade by MOD, though nowhere near the same scale. Then again, it's still very early. We enjoyed just about everything we tried so as long as the food stays on the current track, we'll be happy to keep going back."
- Classic Italian Pizza "The new restaurant offers a bar and dining room and features a menu that's "90 percent the same" as at the old location, according Began. That means you can look forward to a selection of top-quality wood fired pizzas..."
- JamRock Cafe & Grill "The restaurant... serves a small menu of Carribean and Jamaican cuisine -- think entrées like oxtail, jerk chicken, and curry goat to be enjoyed with an ice-cold Red Stripe. The restaurant offers a full bar, large outdoor patio, and expects to host live music on weekend nights."
- RaspadoRico You can get a raspado at RaspadoRico in 10 flavors, including mango, pineapple, coconut, tamarind, pecan, strawberry, vanilla, and jamaica. They can be ordered in three sizes that range in price from $3.50 to $5. You also can add ice cream for an extra buck or lechera (sweetened condensed milk) for just a quarter.
- Southern Rail "Expect dishes such as house-smoked chicken and grilled andouille sausage gumbo; beignets; cornbread salad with grilled cauliflower, marinated tomatoes, pickled beets and okra; house-smoked trout with sweet pea cake and spiced tomato jam; and fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese."
Classic Italian Pizza/Facebook Classic Italian Pizza is back, Tempe 'za lovers!
1 West Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ
1935 S. Val Vista Drive, Mesa, AZ
300 West Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ
6434 S. McClintock Drive, Tempe, AZ
2201 N. 7th Street, Phoenix, AZ
1714 W Van Buren St, Phoenix, AZ
1522 N. Scottsdale Rd., Tempe, AZ
546 N. Gilbert Rd, Gilbert, AZ
1830 W. Glendale Ave., Phoenix, AZ
49 W. Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ
8220 N. Hayden Rd., Scottsdale, AZ
16810 N. 19th Ave., Phoenix, AZ
7147 E. Rancho Vista Drive, Scottsdale, AZ