Last year we marked the hundred day countdown to Best of Phoenix by sharing some of our favorite food folks' "Personal Best" lists. This year we're bringing back our list of 100 Favorite Dishes. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
62. French Fries from Cafe Bink, Bink's Midtown, and Bink's Scottsdale
See also: 10 Best Spots for Fries in Metro Phoenix
While the biggest draw for folks dining at Kevin Binkley's veggie-focused restaurants is probably the selections of hot and cold seasonal produce, there are certainly other (and less healthy) things to enjoy. These frites have been on the menu at Cafe Bink in Cave Creek for quite some time, but have made themselves even more accessible now that they're on the menus at Bink's Midtown and Scottsdale too. We're not complaining.
The fries themselves are perfectly cooked since they're prepared Belgian-style -- as in blanched and then fried not once, but twice. The result is a potato that's crisp on the outside and still soft on the inside.
But the true secret to this dish is the trio of sauces that come with your order. The tri-colored dipping sauces include sauce vert, an aoli, and truffle ketchup. As you might imagine, the truffle ketchup is game-changing. Once you've dipped your fries in it, you'll never be satisfied with Heinz again.
Miss a dish?
100. Pork Belly Pastrami from Citizen Public House
99. French Onion Soup from Bonjour Vietnam
98. Whiskey Cream Gelato from Marrazo That's Amore
97. Breakfast Croissant from Cartel Coffee Lab
96. Salmon "Yasu Style" at Yasu Sushi Bistro
95. Cannoli from DeFalco's Italian Deli
94. Falafel Sandwich from Al-Hana Restaurant
93. PBLT at Bootleggers
92. Samosa from Little India
91. Combo Plate from El Pollo Supremo
90. Brunch Burger from Orange Table
89. Duck Fat Fries from Bourbon Steak
88. Kurobuta Pork Chop from Noca
87. Carne Adovada Enchiladas from Los Dos Molinos
86. Maple Bacon Doughnut from Rainbow Donuts
85. Pad Khing from Nunthaporn's Thai Cuisine
84. Mariscos con Arroz from Tumi Fine Peruvian Cuisine
83. Chicago Dog from Portillo's Hot Dogs
82. Lemon Bars from Phoenix Public Market Cafe
81. Preserved Pickle and Pork Noodle Soup from Asian Cafe Express
80. Maine Lobster Roll from The Maine Lobster Lady
79. Lengua Tacos from Asadero Norte de Sonora
78. Black Licorice from Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
77. Cracker Jack from House of Tricks
76. Chicken Achari Curry from Curry Corner
75. Lavender Berry Lemonade Popsicle from AZ Pops
74. Truffle Bikini from The Tavern
73. Lemon and Basil Chicken Salad Sandwich from Essence Bakery Cafe
72. Oaxaca Special Burro from Carolina's
71. Texas Po' Boy from Texas BBQ House
70. Thai Noodle Soup from RedThai
69. Breakfast Sandwich from Lux Central
68. Deep Fried Duck with Taro from Hong Kong Asian Diner
67. Chicken Pot Pie from The Duce
66. Alfajores from El Chullo
65. Chashu Ramen from Sushi Ken
64. Yukon Gold from The Parlor Pizzeria
63. Crispy Pig Ears from Bar Crudo
Follow Chow Bella on Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest.
6107 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ
36889 N. Tom Darlington Drive, Carefree, AZ