Last year we marked the hundred day countdown to Best of Phoenix by sharing some of our favorite food folks' "Personal Best" lists. This year we're bringing back our list of 100 Favorite Dishes. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Inexpensive and completely craveable-- these pig ears will be on your list too.|
63. Crispy Pig Ears from Bar Crudo
See Also: Crudo Launches Family-Style Polenta Board Dinners
If you have 15 dollars to spare, we can think of pretty much one and only way to spend it in this town and still get a mind-blowing experience. All you have to do is head over to Crudo during happy hour and you'll see what we mean.
With classic cocktails like daiquiris, Negronis, and aviations priced at $7, but still made to Bar Crudo's historically accurate and rigorous standards, that's where half of your $15 will go. For $5 more, go for the crispy pig ears.
While Crudo's menu has tons of standout dishes ranging from the ahi crudo with grilled lemon to the housemade gnocchi to the short ribs, there's one dish that any Crudo fan will tell you is a must-get. If you like the crunchy saltiness of potato chips and the fatty decadence of pork belly, these pig ears will be the ideal dish for you. Lightly sweet and served with a spiced up kick from thinly sliced chiles, this dish will be the one you order as many rounds of as you do cocktails.
But $5 for pig ears and a $7 cocktail is only $12, you say, not $15. Yeah, we're assuming you'll tip.
Miss a dish?
100. Pork Belly Pastrami from Citizen Public House
99. French Onion Soup from Bonjour Vietnam
98. Whiskey Cream Gelato from Marrazo That's Amore
97. Breakfast Croissant from Cartel Coffee Lab
96. Salmon "Yasu Style" at Yasu Sushi Bistro
95. Cannoli from DeFalco's Italian Deli
94. Falafel Sandwich from Al-Hana Restaurant
93. PBLT at Bootleggers
92. Samosa from Little India
91. Combo Plate from El Pollo Supremo
90. Brunch Burger from Orange Table
89. Duck Fat Fries from Bourbon Steak
88. Kurobuta Pork Chop from Noca
87. Carne Adovada Enchiladas from Los Dos Molinos
86. Maple Bacon Doughnut from Rainbow Donuts
85. Pad Khing from Nunthaporn's Thai Cuisine
84. Mariscos con Arroz from Tumi Fine Peruvian Cuisine
83. Chicago Dog from Portillo's Hot Dogs
82. Lemon Bars from Phoenix Public Market Cafe
81. Preserved Pickle and Pork Noodle Soup from Asian Cafe Express
80. Maine Lobster Roll from The Maine Lobster Lady
79. Lengua Tacos from Asadero Norte de Sonora
78. Black Licorice from Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
77. Cracker Jack from House of Tricks
76. Chicken Achari Curry from Curry Corner
75. Lavender Berry Lemonade Popsicle from AZ Pops
74. Truffle Bikini from The Tavern
73. Lemon and Basil Chicken Salad Sandwich from Essence Bakery Cafe
72. Oaxaca Special Burro from Carolina's
71. Texas Po' Boy from Texas BBQ House
70. Thai Noodle Soup from RedThai
69. Breakfast Sandwich from Lux Central
68. Deep Fried Duck with Taro from Hong Kong Asian Diner
67. Chicken Pot Pie from The Duce
66. Alfajores from El Chullo
65. Chashu Ramen from Sushi Ken
64. Yukon Gold from The Parlor Pizzeria
Follow Chow Bella on Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest.
3603 N. Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ