5 Best Restaurants in Peoria, Surprise, and El Mirage Right Now
Laura Hahnefeld Leo's kalua pork plate
Leo's Island BBQ
If you're looking for a taste of the Hawaiian Islands, you could do worse than what you'll find at Leo's Island BBQ in Peoria. This small, bright eatery offers nearly 30 different types of plate lunch, a favorite island-style meal that always comes with two scoops of rice and a side of macaroni salad. You can get your plate lunch loaded with smoky kalua pork, tangy teriyaki beef, or Spam. If you're going for a really authentic experience, try the loco moco, a popular meal with islanders that features a hamburger patty and fried egg smothered in gravy. And with nearly everything priced under $10, you're in for a filling and affordable meal.
Courtesy of Roman Yasinsky Vogue Bistro brings Paris to Surprise.
No, you're not reading this wrong. As it happens, Surprise is home to not one, but two of the city's best French restaurants. At Vogue Bistro French expat Aurore de Beauduy serves an approachable menu of French and French-inspiried fare. There are dishes like the escargot, foie gras, and duck confit, but also more American-style eats including meatloaf, burgers, and even lasagna. The restaurant also serves a lineup of "designer" martinis, each of which takes its name from a French fashion house.
- 5 Best Restaurants in Gilbert Right Now
- 5 Best Restaurants in South Scottsdale Right Now
- 5 Best Restaurants in Downtown Phoenix Right Now
- 5 Best Restaurants in Mesa Right Now
- 5 Best Restaurants in Sunnyslope Right Now
- 5 Best Restaurants in Tempe Right Now
- 5 Best Restaurants in North Scottsdale Right Now
- 5 Best Restaurants in South Phoenix Right Now
17058 W. Bell Road, Surprise, AZ