Chow Bella Named Best Feature Blog by Arizona Press Club
Chow Bella writers were honored at the Arizona Press Club's annual awards banquet, held Saturday night at the Duce in downtown Phoenix.
Claire Lawton The judge was hip to our hipster guide to farm animals.
Chow Bella was named Best Metro Feature Blog. In addition, New Times' food blog also took home second place in the feature blog category and a third-place award for Opinion Blog. Critic Laura Hahnefeld placed third in arts criticism.
The first place feature blog entry included the following posts:
- A Hipster's Guide to Farm Animals by Claire Lawton
Zach Fowle Someone deserves an award for actually trying 'sketti.
- Peter Kasperski Considers Using FnB Name in San Diego by Nikki Buchanan
- What's Your Most Horrifying Kitchen Accident Story? by Laura Hahnefeld
- Anatomy of Baklava with Rocio Gutierrez and Hussein Chahin of Middle Eastern Bakery by Mabel Suen
- Honey Boo Boo's 'Sketti: We Made It, Here's What It Tasted Like by Zach Fowle