Classic Cooking Academy Opens New Restaurant, Aptly Called Test Kitchen, in North Scottsdale
You may be able to find one at North Scottsdale's Classic Cooking Academy. The non-profit culinary school, opened in 2006, recently announced the opening of their new restaurant, aptly named Test Kitchen, next door to the Academy at 10411 East McDowell Mountain Ranch Road, in the Desert Canyon Shopping Center.
Featuring, "old-school classics with our own special twist," Test Kitchen will be headed up by the Academy's program director and chef instructor Lou Swartz (formerly of Michael's at the Citadel, The Phoenician, and Westin Kierland Resort). Focusing on locally sourced and farm-to-table ingredients, Swartz and his team will utilize products from Desert Roots Farm in Queen Creek, Maya's Farm in South Phoenix, and Superstition Farm in Mesa.
Here's what diner's can expect.
Open from 6 to 9 p.m., Thursday through Saturday, and with two seatings, Test Kitchen offers a $50 per person, pre-fixed menu of an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Guests can select one of three options from each category.
Classic Cooking Academy Test Kitchen interior.
A wine pairing can be added for each course for an additional $15 per person. To make reservations, call 480-502-5416 or make them online at the Test Kitchen's website.
Here's an example of this week's menu:
Week of 11/29-12/01
- BLT Soup
- Stuffed Eggplant Roulade w/Zucchini, Goat Cheese & Spicy Romesco Sauce
- Fromage e Trois Salad
- Pan Seared Scallops on Butternut Squash Risotto
- Grilled NY Strip w/Sauteed Red Potato & Arugula
- Rosemary Pork Tenderloin w/Wilted Mustard Greens & Turnip Gratin
- Cran-Apple Pie in Phyllo w/Caramel Sauce & Udder Delights Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Spice Cake w/Warm Hazelnut Espresso Chocolate Sauce
- Lemon Ricotta Pinenut Tart w/Citrus Salad