Valley Chefs Mix Up Gourmet Milkshakes Throughout June
Promising to be more gastronomically satisfying than the song "Milkshake" by Kelis (hey, that song isn't about milkshakes!), five chefs throughout the Valley are bringing their custom creations to select restaurants throughout the month of June.
Tara Anderson at http://thepinkcouch.blogspot.com.
As part of The Dairy Council of Arizona's first "Moo-ving Milkshake Shop," chef Ehren Litzenberger started the event with his featured vanilla chai latte and strawberry banana milkshakes at his Chandler restaurant, BLD, last weekend. Now, four more chefs will keep the gourmet milkshakes moving with flavors like s'mores from Justin Beckett of Beckett's Table and Arizona sweet corn with blueberry crunch from Blue Hound Kitchen's Stephen Jones.
Read on for the full, slurp-worthy schedule.
Moo-ving Milkshake Shop Schedule
Tuesday, June 5th - Thursday, June 7th
Featured flavors by chef Justin Beckett:
- Schnepf Farms Peach Cobbler: House-made peach ice cream, peach syrup, Riesling poached peach, cinnamon marcona almond streusel
- S'mores Milkshake: House-made burnt marshmallow studded peanut butter ice cream, chocolate swirl, graham cracker, chocolate covered bacon garnish
Saturday, June 9th - Monday, June 11th
Featured flavors by chef Ray Romeo:
- Stoli Vanilla Shake
- Chocolate Raspberry Shake
Citizen Public House
Sunday, June 17th - Tuesday, June 19th
Featured flavors by chef Bernie Kantak:
- Chicory with black garlic and fig
- Mexican chocolate with oaxacan chile
- Fernet branca shake
Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails
Friday, June 22 - Sunday, June 24
Featured flavors by chef Stephen Jones:
- Arizona Sweet Corn with Blueberry Crunch
- Medjool Date
3717 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ