Chef Brian Hulihee's Green Chile Mac and Cheese
On Monday, he talked about how he got into the business and what it's like to be entering his 10th year at the restaurant. Yesterday, he recalled family memories involving traditional Chinese and Hawaiian cuisine.
Now, it's his turn to share a recipe of his own.
We bring you the secret that is Roaring Fork's Green Chile Mac n' Cheese!
Green Chile Macaroni and Cheese
1 lb. of elbow macaroni raw
¾ cup of small diced onions
¾ cup of poblano peppers
¾ cup of red peppers
1 oz. cooking oil
1 ¼ cup of heavy cream
½ tablespoon of Kosher Salt
½ tablespoon of Black Pepper
3 cups of shredded pepper jack cheese
1 ¼ cup of poblano puree
(poblano peppers pureed in blender to make 1 ¼ cups liquid)
1. Cook macaroni in plenty of salted water until its tender and drain
2. Sauté onions and peppers in oil for 4-5 minutes
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. Add cream and reduce at five minutes
5. Add Poblano puree and reduce for 4-5 minutes
6. Add macaroni and turn off the heat
7. Fold in the cheese and check seasoning