Nobuo Chef Fukuda Joins Chef Jason Alford for Omakase Experience at Roka Akor
Fans of omakase, the expression used at sushi restaurants to leave the menu to the chef, have an opportunity to treat themselves to an early holiday gift thanks to a unique event at Roka Akor in Scottsdale.
On Monday, December 12, Roka Akor will bring together chef Nobuo Fukuda, James Beard Award-winner and owner of downtown's Nobuo at Teeter House, and Jason Alford, executive chef at Roka Akor, to create a multi-course tasting menu with Japanese specialties like chawan mushi (egg custard with foie gras), karei-karage (deep fried flounder with citrus and bone chips), steak and sashimi, and vegetarian items.
Read on for more featured dishes by Fukuda, additional details, and how to make reservations.
More featured dishes by Fukuda include:
Four kinds of sashimi prepared four ways.
- Yellowtail and grapefruit, avocado, ponzu, white truffle oil, yuzu kosho
- House-cured salmon, basil oil, pecorino romano, soy-glazed almond
- Yellowtail ceviche, shiso, miyoga, shredded taro
- Octopus and tomato, house-made mozzarella, Spanish olive oil
Two Wash Ranch Chawan Mushi Duo
- Chilled chicken egg custard with cured salmon roe
- Warm duck egg custard with foie gras, caramelized sugar crust
- Deep fried flounder marinated in a blood orange sauce with bone chips
- Sesame, soy, mirin marinated, broiled yellowtail, black and white sesame sauces
Omakase selections will be based on availability.
The omakase experience at Roka Akor is priced at $95 per person, with an optional $40 wine-pairing supplement by Pillsbury Wines. Reservations are required. To make them, call 480-306-8800.