Anthony Redendo's Tropical Ceviche
|Courtesy of Anthony Redendo|
Tropical Ceviche of Shrimp and Mango
Yield: 6 portions
Medium shrimp (peeled and deveined) 1 1/2 lbs
Salt 2 tablespoons
Lime juice 3/4 cup
Lemon juice 1/4 cup
Red onion (diced small then rinsed under hot tap water) 1 cup
Pickled jalapeno (chopped) 1/4 cup
Cilantro (chopped) 1 cup
Cucumber (peeled diced small) 1 each
Mango (peeled and diced small) 2 each
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Hot sauce--Tapatio is a good brand (to taste)
Small Corn tortillas (fried crispy into tostadas) 18 each
Lime (cut into wedges as a garnish) 2 each
1. In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil and salt.
2. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on size of shrimp. (Over-cooking the shrimp will turn it rubbery).
3. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
4. Drain the shrimp.
5. Dice each shrimp into small pieces.
6. Place shrimp in a bowl and mix in the lime and lemon juice.
7. Mix in the chopped red onion, cucumber, and jalepeno.
8. Refrigerate an additional half hour.
9. Right before serving, add the cilantro and garnish with fried tostadas and limes