Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame Nominees Announced
What's up with all the contests lately? Last week, the big news was all the Arizonans on the semifinalist list for James Beard Awards. Also, Noca's Chris Curtiss landed in Food + Wine's chef popularity contest, which the public can vote on.
Now, round three in the competition department: the Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame has released its list of contenders for its annual awards, also up for public vote (go online, through March 18). Winners will be announced at a by-invite-only cocktail party on April 5, in conjunction with the Scottsdale Culinary Festival.
Want to see the full list of nominees? Read on:
Outstanding chef who continues to distinguish him- or herself with innovative, quality cuisine.
* Chef Chris Curtiss (noca)
* Chef Nobuo Fukuda (Nobuo at Teeter House)
* Chef Lee Hillson (T. Cook's)
* Chef Greg LaPrad (Quiessence)
* Chef Chrysa Robertson (Rancho Pinot)
Pastry Chef Extraordinaire:
Outstanding pastry chef who continues to distinguish him- or herself with innovative, quality pastries.
* Pastry Chef Julia Baker (Julia Baker Confections)
* Pastry Chef Tammie Coe (Tammie Coe Cakes)
* Pastry Chef Tracy Dempsey (Tracy Dempsey Originals)
* Pastry Chef Roy Pell (The Phoenician)
* Pastry Chef Eugenia Theodosopoulos (Essence Bakery)
Progressive restaurant or restaurant group that has made valuable contributions to the surrounding community.
* Binkley's Restaurant
* Fox Restaurant Concepts
* Vincent on Camelback
Alex Simons Lifetime Achievement Award:
* The Honorable Carolyn S. Allen