Last week we reported on Valrhona's exclusive demonstration for Valley pastry chefs and culinary professionals. Now you can try their chocolate truffle recipe at home.
(recipe after the jump)
Types of chocolate: Cocoa Powder & Le Noir 61%
Makes around 30 truffles
5 1/3 oz (2/3 cup) Heavy Cream
6.75 oz Le Noir 61% Baking Bar
1 oz Butter, room temperature
1 oz Honey
Cocoa Powder for dusting
Dark Chocolate Ganache
• Boil the cream and the honey. Pour 1/3 of this mixture over the chocolate.
• With a spatula, mix rapidly to obtain a smooth and glossy texture. Gradually add the remaining cream, making sure to keep the smooth and glossy emulsion.
• Mix until the chocolate is completely emulsified.
• Stir in softened butter and mix thoroughly. Leave to chill until set.
• Put in piping bag.
• Pipe small balls on the greaseproof paper chill. Roll ball between your hands to make a regular shape.
• Roll in cocoa powder.
If the truffles are not for children, you can add 1 oz of your preferred alcohol after the addition of butter.
If you can not find a piping bag at the store, use a large zipper bag and cut a small hole in one of the corner of the bottom of the bag
* * *
Recipes and photos courtesy of Valrhona Chocolate