Beauty Food: Strawberry Yogurt Masque
Sloane Burwell Mixing yogurt and strawberries. Who knew homemade beauty products would look so delicious?
Dinner's not the only thing you can whip up in the kitchen. Yeah, we all know it's important to eat your fruits and veggies, but what if you slap them right on your skin? Does that count as a serving? I think so. With a few ingredients most folks keep on hand, a bevy of edible beauty products can be created for the perfect recession-proof spa treatment. This week, we'll bring you a few secret recipes for some head to toe spa pampering, pulled from the pantry and the fridge.
Sloane Burwell You'll need strawberries and yogurt for this masque.
Strawberry Yogurt Masque for Normal to Oily Skin
The salicylic acid in the strawberry couples with the lactic acid from the yogurt to to make this masque a two-timing task master. You'll get break-out busting benefits from the berry, and smoothing and soothing help from the yogurt.
Sloane Burwell Blend until the masque reaches a perfect "Barbie" pink.
2 Extra Large Strawberries
¼ c full fat Greek style yogurt
* For dry skin, and one tablespoon of honey to the recipe
1. Chop the strawberries and place in a small bowl. Smash until pureed.
2. Pour the yogurt into the berries and mix until smooth.
3. Apply to the face, neck and décolleté. Store extra in the fridge, it will keep for about a week.
4. Rinse after all the yogurt has absorbed into the skin, or 20 minutes, whichever is first.